Monday, November 3, 2008

Sad days...

DSCN6101

Great-grandma Jean Postle somewhat unexpectedly passed away while we were in Ohio visiting. Maxwell didn't get to see her this trip, but luckily he helped her out back in August with a visit in the hospital. Maxwell was great during calling hours and the very nice funeral service held in Westerville and presided over by Great Uncle Chuck Myser on November 4. With a very touching poem by my cousin Rebekah. Jean will be very much missed as he grows up.

Wise Woman by Bekah Eller

I once met a wise woman,
Wilma Jean was her name,
And what a wise woman was she.
Once when I was no more than four,
I took to her house for wisdom and sleep,
And answers she gave me,
“Grandma,” I started,
All her attention was on me,
“Where did grandpa go?”
My question only made the wise woman smile,
“There,” she said pointing out the window to a star,
“Grandpa’s a star?” I pondered,
My little arms wrapping around her tightly,
She only nodded and we sat staring at the sky.

Now the wise woman is gone,
Her knowledge passed to us all,
All we have to do,
Is look to the stars to find the answer.
You will know which star is hers,
It will call to you,
Whether you were her Friend,
Cousin,
Child,
Or grandchild,
You will know.

It is time to say goodbye now,
That time has come,
It might be hard,
But remember,
What the wise woman had said,
Just look to the stars.

No comments: